Saving Money for the Church In Difficult Economic Times
Luke 15:14, “And when he had spent all, there arose a mighty famine in that land; and he began to be in want.”
- Keep winning souls because God gives special attention to soul-winning churches.
- Keep helping the poor.
- Build your adult Sunday school classes.
- Check the interest rates on your loans.
- Check the length of your loans.
- Shop for all services rendered to your church.
- If you cut your budget, consider a small percentage cut across the board instead of a major cut anywhere.
- Practice self service within the church.
- Look for waste in your ministry.
- Ask your people to give 11% instead of 10%.
- Let people grow.
- Teach good behavior within the church so we can keep the people we have.
- Use the “Christmas Tree Idea.” Pick a ministry within the church and ask your people to bring in Christmas gifts to help that ministry.