The Kind of People Who Destroy Churches
III John 9-11, “I wrote unto the church: but Diotrephes, who loveth to have the preeminence among them, receiveth us not. Wherefore, if I come, I will remember his deeds which he doeth, prating against us with malicious words: and not content therewith, neither doth he himself receive the brethren, and forbiddeth them that would, and casteth them out of the church. Beloved, follow not that which is evil, but that which is good. He that doeth good is of God: but he that doeth evil hath not seen God.”
1. Church hopping troublemakers.
2. Church staff member or their mates who become disloyal.
3. Strong leaders in the church who won’t follow.
4. Position-seekers who have been offended.
5. Bitter people.
6. Backslidden leaders.
7. Evil people.
8. People who try to lead the church from the pew.
9. People who won’t grow become dangerous.
10. People who didn’t read our church sign when they came… “Baptist.”
11. People who spend their time comparing us to their past.
12. Ex-staff who do not mind their own business.
13. People who leave the church the wrong way.
14. Lost church members.
15. The ones who hear all of this and still let the Diotrephes of the church influence them.