Organizing Your Marriage
Colossians 3:17‑19, “And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him. Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as it is fit in the Lord. Husbands, love your wives, and be not bitter against them.”
1. Organize your own personal walk with God.
2. Have weekly dates.
3. Organize responsibilities so that you do not share areas of contention.
4. Organize your finances. This is one of the big points of contention in marriage.
5. Organize a family vacation.
6. Have family meals at an organized time.
7. Organize yourselves in regard to the handling of your children during times of discipline.
8. Organize your position and care for your in-laws.
9. Select a counselor for your marriage if one is ever needed.
10. Organize a time for family devotions.
11. Organize yourself in regard to the important dates and memories of your marriage.
- Children’s birthdays
12. Men, organize your dates so they are special for your wife.
13. Organize a few overnight getaways per year.
14. Organize your prayer life to include your mate and their needs.
15. Organize your ministry involvement so your wife and family do not feel like second-class citizens.
16. Organize so that you can ride back and forth to church together.
17. Organize to sit together in church.
18. Ladies, organize your meal preparation for his pleasure.
19. Organize your intimate life.
20. Organize your conversations so that they are not hurtful but helpful.