Luke 18:16, “But Jesus called them unto him, and said, Suffer little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.”
Ecclesiastes 9:10, “Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest.”
1. We must understand the great importance of the nursery ministry.
2. The nursery ministry should be first class in every way.
3. A nursery brochure for parents is a wonderful idea.
4. A nursery worker’s handbook is a great help.
5. Having many levels of nurseries better serves the workers, children and their parents.
- 0-6 months
- 7-12 months
- 13-18 months
- 19-27 months
- 28-36 months
- 3 year old
6. All of our workers are professionally interviewed before recruited into our nurseries.
7. We always have 2 workers in the nursery at the same time.
- Nobody but scheduled and approved workers are allowed in our nurseries. (including parents)
8. We have a nursery director and assistant director for each nursery.
9. All nursery workers are required to wear matching smocks so they have a professional appearance.
10. Our nursery workers are on a rotation.
- Our rule is that they cannot work more often than once every 2 weeks.
11. All nurseries print a schedule for the workers and give them a copy.
12. The pastor has 4 nursery director’s meetings a year for training, problem solving and program development.
13. We have speakers in our nurseries so the workers can hear the church service.
14. The toys in each nursery are sanitized weekly.
15. All nursery workers are expected to be faithful to all 3 weekly church services.
16. We conducted one whole Sunday evening church service to preach on the nursery ministry and to honor nursery workers and directors.
17. The tag system is a safe and efficient way to check babies in and out of a nursery.
18. If a director will care deeply for her workers, the workers are more apt to be faithful and committed.
19. We use Dutch doors on our nurseries.
20. Our nurseries open 30 minutes before each service.